We believe in a reasonable faith, based on the study of scripture and unity with Christians everywhere. Like most Christians, Disciples affirm:
- Jesus Christ is the son of the Living God, and offers saving grace to all.
- All persons are God’s children.
- An Open Table: The Lord’s Supper, or Communion, is celebrated as the central act of worship. It is open to all who believe in Jesus Christ.
- Freedom of belief: Disciples are called together around one essential of faith: belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. We believe all people are created by God and therefore entitled to respect and freedom to think for themselves and to interpret the Bible in their own context.
- Baptism by Immersion: In baptism, the old self-centered life is set aside, and a new life of trust in God begins. Although Disciples practice baptism by immersion, other baptismal traditions are honored.
- The Ministry of All Believers: Both professional ministers and lay persons, men and women, young and old, lead worship, faith development, and mission and service opportunities.
- The oneness of the church: All Christians are called to be one in Christ and to seek opportunities for common witness and service.