We Are Disciples
We are Disciples of Christ a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world. As part of the one body of Christ, we welcome all to the Lord’s Table as God has welcomed us. - Disciples of Christ Statement of Identity
We are one of almost 3,800 churches in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), a Protestant denomination founded on American soil, with a heritage of compassion and concern for all people.
Common Characteristics of Disciples Churches:
- Worship styles vary. Some are formal, others informal, but all Disciples congregations observe The Lord's Supper each Sunday.
- Open discussion of issues is encouraged. Diversity of opinion is common.
- Study of scripture is a lifetime commitment; minds change and faith is continually making new discoveries.
- Each congregation is self-governing.
- Worship services include lay women and men in leadership.
- We are growing in diversity, believing issues of social division, such as race, gender, income, or social standing have no place in the church.
Click here to read about our values